Friday, June 20, 2008

Dorky books

So I just finished reading the "Twilight" saga- well the three books that are out- and I wanted to geek out about it.

Two words:
SO HOT.

Whenever I was reading and would have random outbursts of "OMG I JUST WANNA HAVE VAMPIRE SEX!" my roomates just politely shook their heads and ignored me.
(Actually, on second thought- shouldn't they have been more weirded out? Have I really desensitized them THAT much? Hmmm.... must think on that later.)

But I'm TORN! I know that this debate is the same one that every pubescent, fantasy-reading, dorky girl like me is thinking- but EDWARD OR JACOB?!?! I have to say that I was appalled that it was even going to be a choice at the beginning of the book. I mean, COME ON?! Who doesn't want to jump Edward's bones? But Jacob, I'm forced to admit, had quite the healthy rally. Having babies and eventually dying with the awesome best-friend type? Or immortal eternity with the one who you're obviously supposed to be with.

Ain't that the eternal question?

Yikes.

So I'm stressing. And not working.

I do have to say that I'm almost thankful I didn't discover this gem of a series earlier, because I'm fairly certain I'd flip out if I had to wait even LONGER for the last book in the series.

And I miss Harry Potter. (Seemingly unrelated, but if you're reading this and are a fan of both, you understand how they are linked.)

Which brings me to another painful conclusion I draw again and again after I finish another fantasy book.

NOTHING THAT IS COOL IS EVER REAL.

Pirates? Hobbits? Dragons? Magic? Hogwarts? Vampires? Werewolves? Mermaids? Fairies?

None of it. Not even one thing is real. I mean, COME ON. Not one teensy weensy little element of fantasy can come true?

**sigh**

I suppose that's why they call the genre fantasy.

No comments: