Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Brain Rot.

And now, let's get into some of the head-shrinking BEHIND my jaded outlook on the dating scene.

It's actually pretty simple really- it's all a question of expectations management.
and I have failed SPECTACULARLY at this.

I have... the brainrot. In olden times it was thought women would get brainrot from reading too many novels. They would get ideas and hurt their poor little brains if they read romantic fiction.

I'm there.

The space between my ears is completely occupied with romantic and happy fluff.
(If you've met me- you know this. If you haven't- I'm slightly concerned that you would still be able to guess this about me from just seeing me from across the street.)

I could most likely recite every Disney princess movie- sing you every romantic ballad from a showtune in the 20th or 21st century, show you the poetry I wrote about my crushes from high school (mortifying.) I watch The Holiday and Enchanted on a seriously regular basis. I read romance novels for pete's sake. One of the final nails in the coffin? Twilight.

The countdown to New Moon's midnight release has begun.
I'm re-reading the books and drooling over the Vanity Fair pix of RPattz.
My tshirt is on order.

I gotta tell ya, even if it gives me the brainrot and therefore higher standards, I'm having too much fun to care.


No comments: